Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Constructive" criticism

Dream recorded 08/27/11 at 7:15am

Casey and I are at a student art show, where people are showing off their sofa and chaise designs. We walk around, looking at the work, and come across a nice chaise design that looks fancy. It has swirling gold-leaf covered wood details, and cushions with elegant patterned peach-pink fabric.

The prototype is made out of styrofoam, and was designed by an eight-year-old girl. She is fair-skinned, with long maple blonde hair. She is very proud that we like her design.

Casey makes a couple constructive criticism suggestions... but then pulls out a saw and starts slicing into the foam prototype!! I am mortified. I grab him and beg him to stop. He does... briefly; then starts cutting again, saying how the design could be a little nicer if you "just changed it this way" (and he is trying to show how, I guess).

I am shouting for him to stop ruining this little girl's work. Finally Casey stops. I run to the girl, who is now crying. I hug her and apologize profusely, feeling absolutely terrible.

My alarm goes off and wakes me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment