I am in my private dorm room in college (although not any dorm room I've had in real life). It is very large and spacious, with lots of big windows, and the place is very bright with daylight.
Suddenly there is a huge earthquake. I fall to the ground. The earthquake lasts a long time, and is so strong I can't stand back up. I crawl over to my TV and turn it off. Then I crawl over to get my purse. I hear shouting outside the door in the dorm hallway.
The shaking finally stops, and I plan to go out and talk with everyone else about what just happened. However, college friends (both real and made up ones) burst into my room before I can go out. Everyone is talking about the earthquake. I hadn't expected people to come inside my room, and I'm embarrassed about the mess my room had become as a result of the earthquake.
I am trying to tidy up my room of the belongings that had fallen about, as more people come inside. Eventually I decide to forget about it and just hang out with everyone instead of trying so hard to be a perfect hostess.
A girl comes up to me and hands me huge bundle of black licorice sticks, apparently as an offering to try and become a member of my friends group. She seems shy, but nice, so I accept and she goes off to hang out with everyone else in my room.
No comments:
Post a Comment